Renting a property in Barnet & Whetstone - Advice to Tenants

Whether you have rented before or this is your first time we would refer you to our tenants guide to renting which is a comprehensive guide to all you need to know – a copy is available from our offices in Barnet & Whetstone

How Much Do I Need to Earn to be Considered for the Property

You are required to be employed or self-employed with a regular verifiable income. You must earn either on your own or jointly at least 30 times the monthly rent of the property you choose to commit to.

Agreeing the Let

As soon as your offer has been accepted by the Landlord, we will apply for references and draw up the relevant documentation which will form the basis of the agreement between you and the Landlord.

Joint & Several Liability & What it Means

One or more tenants is legally referred to as ‘Joint and Several Liability” which means that jointly all the tenants entering into an agreement together are acting on behalf of each other and are liable for the rent commitments and any costs arising during a tenancy.

Identification / Proof of Residency

All tenants must show proof of address. All of the following forms of identification are required: Should you have a problem providing identification or proof of residency please contact us on: 0208 441 6969.

Tenancy Agreement

An appointment will be arranged with you to visit our offices to sign the Tenancy Agreement when all references have been received. The Landlord will also be asked to sign their copy of the document.

Rent & Deposit

Rent is payable monthly in advance and a delapidations deposit of 5 weeks is payable at the start of the tenancy. The deposit is held in a custodial or insured scheme.

Client money protection scheme

We are a member of a client money protection scheme provided by Money Shield.

See our client money protection certificate here.

Other Points of Interest:

The Tenant will be responsible for insuring their own possessions.

The Tenant will take over all utilities such as Gas, Electricity, Water/Sewage charges, Council Tax & Telephone.

The Letting Agent, whilst acting for the Landlord, operates within accepted guidelines in the industry to ensure that you are able to rely on a professional letting agent taking your concerns seriously and advising the Landlord if they are being unreasonable. In this regard, you should be assured that the property conforms to all safety regulations and is fairly priced.